Website Seed Nanotech
Redefine The Possible
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Volunteer
Job ID: SNI2020002
Seed NanoTech International Inc. is a sensor development company located in Brampton, Canada. The company was launched in July 2019 as a small business of only 5 people. This number has now grown and we are not stopping here. Earlier this year, we secured significant funds from the municipal, provincial and federal government, this helped us hire new staff, purchase new equipment, and improve our facilities. This year, we are starting a new chapter that involves us accessing new space in downtown Brampton and partnering with several advanced research centers in Ontario.
Seed NanoTech International is built upon the remarkable foundation of our employees’ fierce determination and passion, driven by deep engagement in our personal and professional relationships. It has transformed us into a larger and stronger organization.
Despite the many initial challenges of R&D operations and our limited product portfolio, we have established a remarkable footprint and anticipate a very promising year ahead in 2021, with new products such as humidity and NO2 sensors, gas sensors, sensors for early detection of HIV, viral and bacterial infection including ZIKA rapid/Elisa and many more (including COVID-19), with higher innovative and increased differentiation.
Our team consists of engineers and scientists all working on innovative technologies based on optics, magnetics, plasmonics, and software. We provide a creative business platform for partners, software developers, and entrepreneurs worldwide. We are an industry leader in magneto-optic sensors whose primary aim is to develop and commercialize state-of-the-art smart sensors that can transform the world by creating jobs and more economic opportunities. Our team has decades of experience in the magneto-optic-plasmonic field. We have engineers and researchers that have worked and gained expertise in Nepal, the United States, Japan, Qatar and Canada.
We are looking for a mechanical draftsman or engineer who has solid experience with prototyping, designing, testing, analyzing data, and integration of software with the product. 2D/3D modeling skills using AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc. are preferred. The individual should be able to work independently as well as in a team of prototypes and new product design staff.
The ideal candidate will create, draft, and design product layouts and schemes using customer specifications and recommendations. This individual will test products and make adjustments where necessary. Additionally, they will examine broken products and resolve issues for future designs as:
- Good experience in planning, problem-solving, and communication.
- Lead the product development and mechanical design of new products and components.
- Proficient with 3D modeling tools such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience in lab testing, analyzing and integrating the electronic components with the software knowledge will be an asset.
- Having some knowledge of 3D printing and laser engraving will be an asset.
- Having some experience in mechanical design, assembly drawings and bills of materials would be an asset.
- Conduct product testing
- Assess the feasibility of product design
- Review defunct products
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ year of industry experience is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of biosensors, optical components, and 3D modelling is an asset.
Kindly send your cover letter mentioning the job ID and CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org