This position is open to all. However, if you’re an internationally educated professional who recently landed in Canada and looking for a job, you may also wish to consider this position.
Seed NanoTech International Inc. is a sensor development company located in Brampton, Canada. The company was launched in July 2019 as a small business of only 5 people. This number has now grown, and we are not stopping here. Earlier this year, we secured significant funds from the municipal, provincial and federal governments; this helped us hire new staff, purchase new equipment, and improve our facilities. This year, we are starting a new chapter involving accessing new space in 2 County Crt and downtown Brampton and partnering with several advanced research centers in Ontario.
Seed NanoTech International is built upon the great foundation of our employees’ fierce determination and passion, driven by deep engagement in our personal and professional relationships. It has transformed us into a larger and stronger organization.
Despite the many initial challenges of R&D operations and our limited product portfolio, we have established a remarkable footprint and anticipate a promising year ahead in 2021, with new products such as humidity and NO2 sensors, gas sensors, sensors for early detection of HIV, viral and bacterial infection including ZIKA rapid/Elisa and many more (including COVID-19), with higher innovative and increased differentiation.
Our team consists of engineers and scientists working on innovative technologies based on optics, magnetics, plasmonics, and software. In addition, we provide a creative business platform for partners, software developers, and entrepreneurs worldwide. We are an industry leader in magneto-optic sensors whose primary aim is to develop and commercialize state-of-the-art intelligent sensors that can transform the world by creating jobs and more economic opportunities. In addition, our team has decades of experience in the nanotechnology field. In addition, we have engineers and researchers that have worked and gained expertise in Nepal, the United States, Japan, Qatar and Canada.
We are looking for electrical/computer/mechanical/photonics or related fields, drafting technicians or engineers with solid experience with prototyping, designing, testing, analyzing data, and integrating software with the product. 2D/3D modelling skills are preferred using Autodesk Fusion 360, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc. In addition, the individual should be able to work independently and in a team of prototypes and new product design staff.
The ideal candidate will create, draft, and design product layouts and schemes using customer specifications and recommendations. This individual will test products and make adjustments where necessary. Additionally, they will examine broken effects and resolve issues for future designs such as:
- Good experience in planning, problem-solving, and communication.
- Lead the product development and mechanical design of new products and components.
- Proficient with 3D modelling tools such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Experience in lab testing, analyzing and integrating the electronic components with the software knowledge will be an asset.
- Having some knowledge of 3D printing and laser engraving will be an asset.
- Having some experience in mechanical design, assembly drawings and bills of materials would be an asset.
- Conduct product testing
- Assess the feasibility of product design
- Review defunct products
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma or Bachelor or Graduate degree in electrical/electronic/mechanical/photonic Engineering or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of sensors, optical components, and 3D modelling is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com